As part of the new structure of SIETAR Europa, The SIETAR Europa Board and Executive Officers are looking for a Management and Operations Team (MOT) Leader to work with us on a voluntary basis.
The role of the MOT is:
- While the SIETAR Europa Board prepares the annual strategic plan, the role of the MOT is to implement that plan.
- The work of the MOT is supervised by the Board. The Vice President is the contact person for the MOT.
- The Treasurer is the contact person for financial issues. He/She has to sign off on financial issues.
- The Office Manager is part of the MOT.
The Head/ Leader of the MOT (Day-to-day Manager)
- • Puts together the management and operations team (MOT)
- • Leads the MOT and its operations
- • Implements the strategic plan of SEU
- • Ensures that strategic objectives and plans are met
- • Liaises with board and participates in, and contributes to board strategy meetings
- • Shares information on a regular basis with the Board
- • Collaborates with and reports to the Vice President of SEU
- • Liaises with committee heads and supports the work of the committees
- • Is informed about the status quo and the activities of national SIETAR organisations under the umbrella of SEU
- • At least 7 years managing a team, project(s), company or business
- • Affinity with the domain of intercultural education, training and research
- • Intercultural sensitivity and experience of multi-cultural teams
- • Leadership skills
- • Strong planning and organisation skills
- • Sense for innovation
- • Ability to work virtually and with a multi-cultural team
- • Very good English language skills (written, spoken)
- • Good IT skills
- • Ability to organise self and others
- • Good project management and time management skills
- • Able to multi-task
- • Able to set up, structure data and manage processes
- • Excellent communication skills
- • Bring diverse experience to SEU organisation
- • Team leadership skills
The Benefits of this Role with SIETAR Europa:
- • Experience of working in an international organisation
- • Working in a multicultural and virtual setting/team
- • Contribute to the development of an international multi-cultural organisation
- • Free access to SIETAR events in Europe
- • Honorary member of SIETAR Europa for time in this position
- • On completion of term, a testimonial from SIETAR Europa
This is a voluntary position, it is estimated that it would require 20-30 hours per week. The timeframe for this voluntary position is recommended for a minimum period of 2 years. As it is a voluntary position, the candidate can leave at any time, however it is preferable to collaborate in this capacity for a minimum of 2 years with the possibility of extension
Ideally, we are looking for candidates with a track record in managing a team, project or small company. Once the Head of the MOT is selected, that person will help put together the team. The team will be a group of individuals who will work with SIETAR Europa on a voluntary basis as interns.
Please note, this is a virtual position. The candidate will manage a virtual team, all meetings and communications with the team and the SIETAR Europa Board will generally be held in a virtual space using zoom and skype platforms. The SIETAR Europa Board meets face to face once a year, it is anticipated that the Head of the MOT will also be part of this meeting.
Interested candidates should send a CV plus a letter addressing why they believe they are suitable for this position to Ms Christine Longe at email@example.com by 10 January 2018.