The next SIETAR Europa Congress is taking place in Mechelen in 2019 and we are looking for volunteers to help with the organization, promotion, management and many other tasks related to the congress organization. The call for Congress Organizing team was a success. We hope this call becomes a success too!
Post of Future Film Festival Manager
Applications are invited for the (voluntary, non-paid assignment) post of Film Festival Manager Assistant for SIETAR Europa Mechelen 2019 Congress with the aim to learn the profession and be SIETAR Europa next Film Festival Manager for 2021 Congress. The details relating to this position are outlined below.
Location: Home Office Base/Virtual
Line Manager: Film Festival Manager (current Marianne van Eldik Thieme)
(Overseas) Travel: As required with travel and lodging expenses paid
Who can apply: All SIETAR Europa and National SIETAR members, plus non-members familiar with SIETAR activities and film
SIETAR is Europe’s largest association of interculturalists and is part of the worldwide SIETAR network. SIETAR works to contribute to more effective communication among people of different cultures and backgrounds, enhance intercultural awareness in policy-making, business, education and civil society, establish an ever-widening network of intercultural specialists and provide opportunities for personal and professional exchanges.
We focus on the screening of short documentaries covering relevant topics for IC professionals. Here you will find and information on past Film Festivals since 2006 until the Dublin Congress! The next Film Festival will be part of our congress in Mechelen, Belgium from 27th May to 2nd Jun 2019.
We aim to screen 8 documentaries with Q&A afterwards, panel discussions and discussion with the audience.
As part of your assignment as a Film Festival Manager Assistant for SIETAR Europa, you will…
- Support the current Film Festival Manager on project management tasks
- Receive Film applications and help with their selection
- Assist in planning the structure of the next Film Festival
- Contact Film Directors as required
- Learn the processes to be able to lead the future Film Festival planning
- Learn how to guide a small team
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Passion for films and Film Festivals and basic knowledge of documentary film making
- Preferably having connection in the film world
- Professional and positive skills of self-presentation, delegation and negotiation
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate thoroughly proficient oral and written communication skills in English
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrate proven marketing skills
- Must be able to function as part of a multicultural, face-2-face and virtual team
What we can offer you
- Position of Film Festival Manager of SIETAR Europa future Congresses
- Experience of organizing Film Festivals
- Building a professional network
- Skills development in Project Management and Film Festival Management
- The opportunity to build an international network in congress management and intercultural education, training and research.
- The opportunity to have contact with Film directors and experts of the field
- Opportunity to know more about the wider context of the documentaries (social, political, economic etc) in order to deepen the inside of the audience
- Attendance at the 2019 Congress in your role as Assistant Project Manager (full reimbursement of travel to Mechelen)
If you are….
- Interested in getting involved in the organisation of a Film Festival of a prestigious conference within the intercultural field!
- Enthusiastic about working with Film Lovers from all over the world!
- Fascinated by expanding your network by working with our NGO….
…. then send us a short motivation letter (max. 1 page) and your CV with your coordinates including postal and mail address as well as phone numbers and skype, indicating how you might support us with your expertise and enthusiasm as Film Festival Manager Assistant for SIETAR Europa Congress in Mechelen 2019!
Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th Jun 2018.