SEU Congress 2019: volunteers wanted
Europe’s most influential intercultural conference is coming up in just over a year (SEU Congress 2019 Mechelen 27th May – 2nd June). Want to be part of the team involved in planning and shaping it? We are seeking volunteers to be on and to lead various committees. We also have a great opportunity for someone to get valuable project management experience. See below for details and get in touch.
Applications invited for: Members and Heads of various Congress Committees; Head of Programme Committee. Deadline for all applications is: 1 May, 2018. Tasks include:
- Supervising, coordinating and optimising tasks of Programme Committee and its sub-committees. (Congress Theme and Tracks Committee and Practitioner TracksCommittee)
- To define criteria for awards
- To finalise (with Board approval) the congress theme, tracks, types of submissions, dates.
- To work with the Communications Committee to publicise this and call for proposals.
Seeking Committee Members for:
- Programme Committee
- Congress Theme and Tracks Committee
- Practitioner Tracks Committee
- Academic Committee
- Pre-Congress Workshop Committee
- Registration Committee
- Scholarship Committee
- Next Congress Committee – selecting the venue for the 2021 Congress
- Congress Assistant Committee
Assistant Project Manager
Applications are invited for the (voluntary, non-paid) post of Assistant Project Manager for SIETAR Europa to assist with the coordination and organizing of the 2019 Congress and with the aim of learning the job in order to be able to act as Project Manager for the SIETAR Europa 2021 Congress (also voluntary and non-paid).
The details relating to this position are outlined below.
Location: Home Office Base/Virtual
Line Manager: Congress Coordinator (currently Gradiola Kapaj)
Who can apply: All SIETAR Europa and National SIETAR members, plus non-members familiar with SIETAR activities.
SIETAR Europa is Europe’s largest association of interculturalists and is part of the worldwide SIETAR network. SIETAR works to contribute to more effective communication among people of different cultures and backgrounds, enhance intercultural awareness in policy-making, business, education and civil society, establish an ever-widening network of intercultural specialists and provide opportunities for personal and professional exchanges.
Do you want to know more about our past SIETAR Europa Congresses? Here you will find a trailer and information on all past congresses. The next congress will be held in Mechelen, Belgium from 27 May to 2 June 2019 at Thomas More University of Applied Sciences.
As part of your role as Assistant Project Manager for SIETAR Europa, you will…
- Support the Congress Co-ordinator and facilitate communication between SIETAR Europa Executive and all SIETAR E
- uropa Congress committeesFacilitate operations and ensure that all aspects of the event are implemented and controlled according to plan
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Professional and positive skills of self-presentation, delegation and negotiation
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to function as part of a multicultural, face-2-face andvirtual team
- Capable of setting priorities when multiple demands are present
- Effective delegation skills and management of those delegated
What we can offer you
- Experience of being part of an international congressBuilding a professional network
- Skills development in Virtual Team Management
- The opportunity to build an international network in congress management and intercultural education, training and research.
- Attendance at the 2019 Congress in your role as Assistant Project Manager (full reimbursement of travel to Mechelen)
If you are interested and what to know more about the positions, please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org