SIETAR Europa Congress 2019
KU Leuven, België
Take the chance to present your work at SIETAR Europa’s most prominent event of 2019, where you can meet and gain recognition from like-minded people. The SIETAR Europa Congress 2019 will take place in the historic city of Leuven, Belgium, from May 27 to June 2nd 2019 under the core theme Building Dialogues on Diversity – Towards a Future of Hope.
The Congress themes are diverse and centered around current topics:
- Business & Organizational Challenges – Leadership practices in turbulent times
- Socio-political Concerns – Promoting unity in diverse societies
- Migration – Building strength out of opportunities and challenges
- Education and Intercultural Professions – Recent research and other critical developments
The Congress Tracks are exciting, and submissions are accepted under the following categories:
- Academic Track – with details and the submission template here
- Practitioner Track – with details and the submission template here
- Film Festival Submissions – with details and the submission template here
- Pre- or Post-Congress Workshops – with details and the submission template here
The Academic Congress Track
The Academic Congress Track is organized in cooperation with the International Association of Cross-Cultural Competence and Management (IACCM) and aims at promoting the latest research, especially as it relates to intercultural management.
In 2019, IACCM will reward the best student paper and the best academic Congress paper with the the chance to compete on being published in The European Journal of Cross-Cultural Competence and Management (EJCCM).
There are two types of submission formats under the Academic Track:
1. Academic Paper Presentations (20-30 min.) where the presenter(s) give their input (15-20 min.) and engage in discussion with the participants. This format permits considerable audience participation, so the presenter(s) should, within the given time, propose and follow an outline to permit a thorough examination of the presented topic.
2. Panel Sessions (90 min.) which serve as discussion forums for issues of contemporary interest to intercultural scholars. Panels are complete sessions organized as a single submission by the panel chair around a common theme. Panels may have a variety of formats. Examples include: roundtables with no formal papers, innovative presentations utilizing visual aids and key notes and discussions with senior scholar(s).
If you have any questions regarding the Academic Track, please write to Marie-Therese Claes (firstname.lastname@example.org), Academic Track Chair.
Sumbissions are opened until the 15th on November 2018 and the acceptance notice is given by the 10th of January 2019.As a reminder, the SIETAR Europa Congress 2019 agenda is:
- 27th – 29th May: Pre-Congress Workshops
- 29th May: Congress Welcome Event
- 30th May – 1st June: Official Congress Dates
- 2nd June: Post-Congress Workshops