The December – February 2019 issue of the SIETAR Europa Journal is now available online. In it, you will find:
- an interview of Rita Wuebbeler, long time member of SIETAR, who went off as a young German to the U.S. and became an actively sought-out interculturalist. Her experiences and insights of the demands of a global facilitator are engaging and captivating.
- an article on why most universities aren’t prepared for study-abroad programs and what can be done to make intercultural education a win-win situation for all parties concerned.
- how SIETAR Europa got together with SIETAR Russia for a mini-congress in St. Petersburg.
Enjoy the read online here!
The Virtual Events Team, along with the SIETAR Europa Board, are happy to present SIETAR Europa’s Webinar Events Calendar for 2019. The webinars program has been planned thanks to the availability of presenters and the number of proposals we received.
In 2018, more than 600 participants attended our webinars – thank you very much! The 2019 calendar again presents a wide range of themes from a truly international panel of presenters and we hope that even more of you can attend.
Additional DISCOVER-LEARN-SHARE resources include:
If you have questions regarding our webinars, we invite you to contact: email@example.com
Click for the complete SIETAR Europa 2018 webinar program.
After the success of Dublin, SIETAR Europa welcome you to the bi-anual congress to be held in Belgium from the 27th May to 2nd June 2019.
Theme: Building Dialogues on Diversity – towards a future of hope
Location: Belgium (exact location to be determined)
27th – 29th May Pre-congress Workshops
29th May Congress Welcome Event
30th May – 1st June Official Congress Dates
2nd June Post-congress Workshops
Sietar Italia isare currently working on the 2019 SIETAR Italia Programme of Events. Every year we ask members and non-members to deliver workshops, seminars or talks following our guidelines. Are you willing to deliver an event in 2019?
The areas we would like to highlight in 2019 are:
• Companies and organizational challenges
• Intercultural and multicultural socio-political contexts
• Development of competencies and training of intercultural professionals
• Intercultural communication in language education
Do you have any interesting contribution to offer (in English or Italian) on one of these subjects?
If so, please fill in the Form for Events Proposals – 2019 Calendar, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 30th October 2018.