Sietar Europa is are now accepting proposals for webinars in 2018. These events have proven to be extremely popular over the last four years, and very appreciated by SIETAR members as an opportunity for learning, updating knowledge and connecting with other members of the SIETAR Community. In the year 2017, we have 10 webinars organized. So far this year over 500 people have registered and we have gathered over 60 participants per webinar on average.
For these reasons, we are looking forward to offering a very interesting selection of webinars again in 2018. If you are interested in presenting a webinar in 2018, please read carefully the guidelines in the following template for proposals, complete it and submit your proposal with the subject line: “2018SEUWebinarProposal_LAST NAME” by email to Maura Di Mauro & Linda Vignac.
Next SEU Webinar
Next Sietar Europa webinar will take place September 20th 2017, Wednesday, at 18.00 – 19.00 (CET): “Is Self-Awareness a Skill That Can Be Developed?” by Shannon Murphy Robinson, M.A. and Mary E. Casey, founders of BrainSkills@Work .
More info… Please, register here.
Op 13 september is een NieuwsLijn uitgekomen.
Niet ontvangen? Meld het de webmaster en klik HIER om hem alsnog te lezen.
Sietar NL heeft nu ook een Facebookpagina. Kijk & reageer!
A CELEBRATION OF 50 YEARS OF INTERCULTURAL RESEARCH BY HOFSTEDE AND IBM,
AND 10 YEARS OF IBM CORPORATE SERVICE CORPS
You can look forward to enlightening talks and insightful discussions. An exceptional lineup of experts from industry, academia and government institutions will deliberate on the importance of cultural diversity to foster innovation.
Professor Dr. Geert Hofstede, Peter Zijlema – IBM BeNeLux, Professor Gert-Jan
Hofstede, Bart Somers – Mayor of Mechelen, Belgium (World Mayor for the
This event is free of charge. Places are limited. Registration is required: http://bit.ly/2uI6KHm
Download the pdf Invitation- Software of the mind 2.0 for more information.
Hogeschool Den Haag organiseert i.s.m. Sietarleden het Seminar Internationalisering Onderwijs. Op woensdag 20 september buigen we ons over de vraag: Hoe kunnen docenten het hoger onderwijs daadwerkelijk internationaal maken? Aan bod komt o.a. samenwerkend leren en de international classroom. Georganiseerd door Hogeschool Den Haag; Sietarleden zijn van harte uitgenodigd. English spoken.
Download hier de flyer van de Hogeschool. Aanmelden kan via het ticketkantoor.
The India chapter is pleased to announce the next international conference in Pune, India on February 17 – 18th of 2018.
As a consequence of globalisation, intercultural competence emerged as an essential component of working, studying, and thriving in a world where technology had shrunk geographical space and increased the frequency and complexity of global interactions. Read more: download the flyer SIETAR INDIA 2018. You might also be interested in the Conference Proposal Guide.
Download the SIETAR EUROPA Journal Sept. – Nov. 2017:
- Susan Salzbrenner – An interview with a “femme extraordinaire” in the intercultural world
- Darwin on Trump: size does matter
- Do we really get a clear picture of cross-cultural skills needed when working abroad?
- Passionate exchanges in turbulent times
- A few photographic souvenirs of the Dublin congress
- A tall, dark man
- Book Reviews
- Events, Workshops, Congresses
There are just a few items for your attention here and there will be more information soon.
1. We have established a small “Provisional Leadership Team” to help get things moving. This is a temporary measure until the SIG members agree a process for the creation of a more permanent structure for leading the group’s activities. The Provisional team is: Joe Kearns, Heike Stengel, Cynthia Tilden-Machleidt, Iris Barnert, Anna Zelno
2. We are planning to hold a face-to-face in Berlin the week-end of November 17th to 19th – details to be announced. Please pencil it into your calendar if you think you can be there
3. We will put in place a process to ask each of you to formally join the Special Interest Group. This is to ensure you know what the group is about before joining and that you are happy with the principles, processes and plans
4. We will put forward a document outlining a proposed structure for this SIG for comment. This will also be a “provisional” structure which the membership can change should that be needed
We look forward to this SIG being a very active group! It is hoped that all members will take initiatives to organise mini-events throughout the year. We also envision “sub-groups” of more specialised interest areas under the general topic of Migration.
We will also create mechanisms to allow the sharing of knowledge and to offer support to each other. It is important to note that we expect to share knowledge with the wider SIETAR membership as we don’t want to be seen as a “closed” group.
As you probably are well aware, we wanted to start the Cook Book sale in Dublin. Unfortunately, the delivery was lost and we were unable to sell them at the congress, though we searched the university campus for hour. You can imagine how disappointed Ann-Kristin and I were, as we had hurried so much to finalise everything in time to start the sale in Dublin. Anyway, WE ARE READY AGAIN. Order now! You will be billed when we receive your order. It will be delivered as soon as stock is received. Please fill in the form.